VMWare Systems Analyst
Job Location: US-GA-Atlanta
Experience: 3 - 4 years
CCCi has an excellent 6+ month contract for a solid Windows System Analyst - VMWare with 3 years of experience located downtown Atlanta with a Fortune 200 and 25 Best Companies To Work for In America. The Systems Analyst is responsible for implementing, maintaining, administering, and troubleshooting a VMWare environment, including performing server migrations, monitoring performance, upgrading, patching, and scripting.
Additional duties include:
- Server hardware platforms and their Windows Operating System and related software
- Provide second-level support to other areas both within and outside of IT.
- Follow standard processes for hardware, software and project completion, problem resolution and
- Diagnose and resolve problems to meet service level expectations.
- Communicate progress, problems and best practices to management, leads and teammates.
- This is a 7x24x365 support organization and some after-hours work may be required.
Skills required in order of importance:
- Implementing, configuring, and troubleshooting a VMware vSphere 5.0 environment including
experience with server migrations, clustering, troubleshooting, upgrading, and patching (3+ years).
- Training and / or understanding of vSphere 5.0 is desired but not required.
- Implementing, configuring, and troubleshooting Windows server hardware and OS, as well as Windows
Infrastructure add-on software.
- Knowledge of Active Directory, DFS, WINS, DNS, DHCP
Skills desired in order of importance:
- Scripting knowledge (PowerShell / PowerCLI)
- Basic knowledge of security policies
- Knowledge of storage (EMC) and networking (Cisco).
- Knowledge of n-tier application infrastructure.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering or Computer Engineering desired or related work experience
- Vendor certification desired (VMware, Microsoft, and Dell)
VMware vSphere 5.0, Window server migrations, clustering, troubleshooting, upgrading, and patching, vSphere 5.0, AD, Active Directory, DFS, WINS, DNS, DHCP, Scripting knowledge, PowerShell / PowerCLI, storage (EMC) and networking (Cisco), n-tier application infrastructure, certification desired VMware, Microsoft, and Dell.