Senior Business Intelligence Analyst - SAS
Job Location: US-GA-Roswell
Senior Business Intelligence Analyst - SAS
The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst plans, develops and deploys analytic tasks using SAS BI software and other tools to support health plans operating in the U.S. Medicare and Medicaid markets. They recommend database design and structure; support maintenance and lead enhancements to STARS/HEDIS and coding applications; and they work with and mentor programming staff and data analysts on BI as needed to execute production runs.
Senior Business Intelligence Analyst - SAS Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead in-house and consultant staff in the development/retooling of ETL programming into a production based system.
• Work with in-house, and consultant staff as needed, to design, develop and maintain STARS/HEDIS and coding applications.
• Train and mentor programming staff in BI methodologies.
• Evaluate and help implement database cleanup, design and migration to new or improved configurations and or platforms.
• Document SAS Enterprise Business Intelligence initiatives
• Produce analysis datasets, reports and or graphics for surfacing in applications
• Support resolution of customer and system issues with internal resources.
Senior Business Intelligence Analyst - SAS Required Qualifications to perform Essential Functions:
A. Education, Certification and Licenses:
• Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative health or social science field, or equivalent quantitative work experience
B. Experience (minimum years and type):
• 5 years’ experience with SAS BI studio, information maps, metadata server, SAS Workspace Server, SAS OLAP Server, Web Report Studio, foundation SAS and SAS EG.
• 5 years’ platform experience in Linux and windows environments using SQL or equivalent.
• 3 years’ of experience within the Healthcare industry with HIPAA requirements, working with health insurance claims transaction data, prescription drug claims, enrollment data and provider data, particularly experience extracting data from Medicaid and Medicare-Advantage data files; including Monthly Membership Report (MMR), the Model Output Reports (MOR) and RAPS files or the Medicare 5% Standard Analytical Files.
• 5 years’ experience of delivering SAS solutions via web based solutions
• 5 years’ experience of delivering SAS solutions on Linux platform
C. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Expert knowledge of SAS 9.2/9.3 on Linux platform, using Enterprise Guide and the Enterprise Business Intelligence Suite.
• Expert experience with data warehouse design, dataset creation and data manipulation (sorting, merging, variable creation).
• Expert knowledge of programming against multimillion record data files.
• Expert knowledge and command of Base SAS with particular strength with SAS macros, SAS ODS, SQL, hash tables, Proc Report and Proc Template.
• Comprehensive understanding of software development practices.
• Proficient in research design, programming and statistics that are central to applying quantitative analysis to health care problems.
• Ability to program other high-level languages is beneficial.
• Flexible, capable of multi-tasking, willing to learn new technologies
• High self-initiative and motivation, with ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
• Strong written and verbal skill in technical and non-technical forums.
• Reliable and efficient time management skills.
• Willing and able to work successfully under tight deadlines with concern for both business/company needs and customer service.
Follow us on our BLOG to see more jobs like this: http://atlanta.vereduscorp.com/
Candidates work with a professional Recruiter whose average experience is eight years in the industry. That means the have intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends who is in demand now and who will be next. Your Veredus Recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and desires. The also counsel their candidates in resume writing, interviewing, and career planning so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it. Additionally, Veredus provides full benefits starting Day 1, and at virtually no cost to you.
Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
ATOP Accrued Time Off Program
Consultant Lunches and Outings
Care packas/Survival packs
Dedicated Consulting Services Representative
Veredus has been recognized as one of the “Best Staffing Firms to Work For' by Staffing Industry Analysts the last 3 years in a row.
Nervous about an upcoming interview Want to be as prepared as possible
Click on the link below and you will have access to the Veredus Interview Prep Video culled from hundreds of years of collective experience in preparing candidates for that all important job interview:
Veredus Corporation is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
Drug testing may be required; please contact Recruiter for more information.
Featured Engineering jobs
|Project Engineer||Mammoet USA ||Atlanta,GA
Job Description: heavy lifting and transport. This role will create and check detailed engineering drawings and ... Education and Experience: College Degree or...
|Industrial Engineer||Randstad Engineering ||Covington,GA
Job Description: related engineering experience required, including experience in a supervisory roleDemonstrated leadership ... Industrial Engineer Job - When you...
|Aerospace Engineer||Randstad Engineering ||Atlanta,GA
Job Description: career in Avionics Engineering for a 9 month assignment training and mentoring Aerospace employees. The ... Aerospace Engineer Job - When you apply...
Looking for that perfect job? We've got more Jobs!
If you're not cut out to be an Senior Business Intelligence Analyst - SAS, don't worry. We've got a lot of other jobs in US-GA-Roswell. Search through our job listings and find the right job for you.
Don't settle for just any old job.
At The #1 Site for Atlanta, GA Engineer Jobs, we're here to help you find the right match for your Career.
Browse jobs by City that are within 20 miles of US-GA-Roswell